Pietro Fiorentini takes a majority stake in Sartori Ambiente

04 April 2022  -  Corporate

Pietro Fiorentini Group has finalised the acquisition of 60% of the shares of Sartori Ambiente S.r.l., a company operating in the waste management industry, with the remaining 40% being held by the founding partner Michele Sartori.

Since 1996, Sartori Ambiente has been developing advanced waste separation systems and IoT (Internet of Things) technologies to improve recycling waste collection, thanks to hardware and software solutions that automate data collection and analysis, with significant operational and economic advantages. The company is based in Arco and has a technical and operational unit in Telve (both in the province of Trento). Furthermore, it is present in the South American market through a 40% shareholding in the Chilean company GeoCiclos.

With this transaction, Pietro Fiorentini strengthens its position in the biowaste-to-energy value chain as a supplier of state-of-the-art plant engineering solutions. The Group is already present in the sector thanks to the software solutions developed by Terranova and its subsidiaries Ambiente.it, Arcoda and Giunko.

 

“We are confident that this transaction will boost growth in sectors adjacent to those traditionally covered by our company – says Cristiano Nardi, Executive Chairman of the Pietro Fiorentini Group. – Production, commercial and organisational synergies between leaders in their respective markets will ensure growth and the development of increasingly innovative and sustainable solutions, in line with the latest technological and management developments.”

 

“Thanks to this operation, we are achieving our goal of establishing ourselves as leaders in the waste management chain in Italy and worldwide – states Michele Sartori, President and Managing Director of Sartori Ambiente. – This partnership with Pietro Fiorentini and Terranova will increase our capacity to support Italian municipalities and customers as we rise to the challenge posed by the Italian National Recovery and Resilience Plan (PNRR) to develop projects aimed at improving the separate waste collection system. It will also help us develop a circular economy through the recycling process of waste and by-products for sustainable gas production.”

 

Focus on: Sartori Ambiente

Since 1996, Sartori Ambiente has been developing advanced systems for sorting waste at the source and technologies for improving the efficiency of separate waste collection and monitoring waste disposal. The company has grown considerably in Italy and abroad in the last 10 years, and currently employs a staff of about 30 people operating between the head office in Arco and the technical and operational unit in Telve, both in the province of Trento. In particular, the company is a leading supplier of efficient solutions and offers a wide range of space-saving containers with high loading capacity, which are easy to empty and have an attractive design. Such features have significantly contributed to the success of targeted waste collection campaigns in more than 40 countries worldwide. The Altares division was the first to introduce UHF RFID container identification and GPS positioning systems in Italy and, nowadays, operates more than 3,400 monitoring systems across the country, which process more than 25 million readings a year, providing customers with control over on-site operations and introducing the pay-as-you throw fee (PAYT). Certifications such as the EMAS Environmental Management System, the ISO 45001:2018 standard for management systems of occupational health and safety, and the ISO/IEC 15408 IT standard for the computer security certification of reading devices provide assurance for customers when it comes to business decision-making. www.sartori-ambiente.com

Discover more

Hyter: new energy routes

Hyter: new energy routes

20 December 2021 - Corporate

Following the acquisition, a process of redefining the company’s corporate identity was initiated: here is Hyter, the startup that promotes new paths towards the use of hydrogen.

Discover more
Scroll to top
TOP
Please turn to portrait for a better experience

Please turn to portrait
for a better experience