Pietro Fiorentini acquires the majority share of Biokomp, a Vicenza-based company that produces compression systems

16 July 2021  -  Corporate

Pietro Fiorentini Group is pleased to announce the acquisition of 60% of the shares of Biokomp Srl, a production company located in Villaverla (VI). The remaining 40% of the shares will be kept by its founder Paolo Guerra.

The Company operates in the energy sector and manufactures compression plants for natural gas, biogas, biomethane and industrial gases. Its offer includes a wide range of solutions according to the different compression requirements: centrifugal, piston and rotary screw (a solution chosen by Pietro Fiorentini in its Fiograde plants for biogas upgrading).

Performances and reliability are guaranteed by custom-designed projects according to the needed application. Biokomp solutions also also an extended technical support that starts from the feasibility study to the final commissioning, combined with an aftersale qualified assistance.


The growing importance of foreign markets has led to an expansion of Biokomp’s presence into several countries around the world. Nowadays, the company operates both in the domestic market and in most of Europe, South America, Africa and Asia countries.


“After MicroPyros BioEnerTec and SPI Consulting, this acquisition fits into the company startegy to expand our offer for the renewable energy sector” says Cristiano Nardi, Executive Chairman of Pietro Fiorentini Group. “In this case, it is more specifically about biogas, biomethane and hydrogen, in addition to Biokomp’s solution for the natural gas field.


“Entering Pietro Fiorentini Group” – adds Paolo Guerra, CEO of Biokomp – represents an opportunity to expand our domestic and international presence and to bring our technologies to the next level, so as to give sustainable energy production the importance and attention they deserve on a global level.”



Focus on: Biokomp


Biokomp is one of the top manufacturers of compressors and treatment systems of various capacities and sizes for methane, biogas, biomethane and industrial process gases. The company was founded in 2012 in the industrial district of Vicenza and has gained a solid experience in the compressor industry, thus acquiring the skills needed to design high performing and long-lasting systems.

Biokomp solutions are available in different structures (open, closed, containerised) to allow maximum flexibility and integration with the industrial plants they are intended for, designed and built to withstand the most challenging climatic conditions. The Company’s strenght lies in providing strategic and optimised solutions for both conventional and special gas applications, particularly in the renewable energy generation and sustainable industry sectors. www.bio-komp.com


For further information, please write to:
[email protected]




Download the document

Discover more



Biomethane has a pivotal role in shaping a greener future, as it is considered to be neutral in terms of emissions. This...
Discover more
Scroll to top
Please turn to portrait for a better experience

Please turn to portrait
for a better experience