In the floating valve by Pietro Fiorentini the ball is not rigidly held on its rotational axis and so is free to float between seats. Sealing is achieved by the action of the pressure, which pushes the ball against a seat and the body construction is two pieces, bolted joint, made by forging, forged or rolled bar.
Mainly used for high-pressure transmission systems and for medium pressure gas distribution networks, it is suitable for use with natural gas and previously filtered non-corrosive gases.
- Design pressure: up to 420 bar
- Design temperature: from -196 °C to +450 °C
- Rangeability: da 150 a 2500
- Sizes DN: up to 6″
- Flanges: RF/RTJ according to ASME B16.5 and B16.47, BW according to ASME B16.25
- End to end dimensions: according to API 6D
- Options: metal seated
- Oil & Gas production
- Green gas production
- Gas transmission HP
- Gas distribution MP
- Gas distribution LP