In the floating valve the ball is not rigidly held on its rotational axis and so is free to float between seats. Sealing is achieved by the action of the pressure, which pushes the ball against a seat and the body construction is two pieces, bolted joint, made by forging, forged or rolled bar.
Mainly used for high-pressure transmission systems and for medium pressure gas distribution networks, it is suitable for use with natural gas and previously filtered non-corrosive gases.
The floating ball valves are Hydrogen Ready for NG-H2 blending.
For the Pietro Fiorentini Group, valves are produced by TIV Valves, a Group company specialized in the production of valves based in Rescaldina (MI). For more information visit the website.
- Design pressure: up to 420 bar
- Design temperature: from -196 °C to +450 °C
- Rangeability: from 150 to 2500
- Sizes DN: up to 6″
- Flanges: RF/RTJ according to ASME B16.5 and B16.47, BW according to ASME B16.25
- End to end dimensions: according to API 6D
- Options: metal seated
- Oil & Gas production
- Green gas production
- Gas transmission HP
- Gas distribution MP
- Gas distribution LP