Custody transfer occurs when a financial transaction is correlated by the gas ownership passage. This can be either between shippers and between shippers and sellers. The amount of payment is usually calculated as function of the amount of fluid transferred or as function of the amount of energy contained in the gas.
In this application, accuracy is extremely important and it is ruled by several national and international institutes and standards.
Thanks to its extensive experience in providing custody transfer metering solutions, Pietro Fiorentini designs and supplies fiscal metering systems tailored on specific accuracy needs through different combinations of:
- multiple parallel meter runs;
- multiple meters in series;
- volume converters;
- online gas chromatography to calculate energy content;
- temperature and pressure transmitters;
- systems for registration and retransmission of data;
- systems for diagnostics and management of redundancy.
- Oil & Gas production
- Green gas production
- Gas transmission HP
- Gas distribution MP
- Gas distribution LP